Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with a special interest in Foot & Ankle Surgery, Shock wave therapy, Joint Injections & Joint Pain Management
MB BS, MS (Orth), FRCS (Ed), FRCS (Tr &Orth)
Maneesh Bhatia is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with a special interest in Foot & Ankle Surgery, Shock wave therapy, Joint Injections & Joint Pain Management. He works at University Hospitals of Leicester (Leicester General Hospital & Leicester Royal Infirmary), Nuffield Health Leicester, and Spire Leicester Hospital. Mr Bhatia also runs a Joint Injection course primarily catered to General Physicians to help them learn safe technique to perform musculoskeletal injections in the community.
Maneesh Bhatia brief resume
- Consultant Orthopaedics (Foot & Ankle) Surgeon
- University Hospitals Leicester, Spire Leicester & Nuffield Leicester since 2009
- Orthopaedics Training: South East Thames Training Programme
- Fellowship: Cambridge
- Fellowship: USA
- European Foot & Ankle Fellow: 2009
- Author: Oxford Textbook of Orthopaedics
- Advisor: NICE & NIHR
- Examiner: Royal College – MRCS & FRCS (Orth)
- Organiser & Course Director: Joint Injection Course & Musculoskeletal skills course
- Member of Scientific committee, British Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society (BOFAS)
- Editor & Author: Musculoskeletal Injections and Alternative Options: A Practical Guide to ‘what, when, and how? CRC Press (Release date September 2018)
- Editor & Author: An Orthopaedics Guide for today’s GP (July 13, 2017)
- Editor: Foot & Ankle- Journal of Arthroscopy and Joint Surgery, Elsevier Journal of Arthroscopy and Joint Surgery Editorial Board
His special interests include- Bunion Surgery, Forefoot reconstruction for Rheumatoid, Failed bunion surgery, Morton’s Neuroma, Surgery for arthritis of foot and ankle, Ankle arthroscopy, Ankle replacement, Sports injury to foot & ankle, Ankle ligament repair, Tendon disorders around foot and ankle (Tibialis posterior, Peroneal tendons, Achilles tendon) and Plantar Fasciitis.
Mr Bhatia also has a special interest in Shockwave Therapy (ESWT) which is a highly effective treatment of tendon-related pain.
Mr Bhatia also runs a Joint Injection course at Leicester, which was started in 2012. This course is primarily catered to General Physicians to help them learn safe technique to perform musculoskeletal injections in community. For further information, please visit the site at http://www.jointinjection.co.uk
Training & Other Activities
Mr Bhatia completed his Orthopaedic Training in London (Guy’s and St Thomas Hospital South East Orthopaedic Training Programme). He has also completed the Foot and Ankle fellowship in Cambridge (Addenbrookes Hospital) and was nominated the European Foot and Ankle Society Travelling Fellow of the year 2009. This gave him the opportunity to work with eminent Foot and Ankle Surgeons in USA at Dallas, Charlotte (North Carolina) and Rochester (New York).
Mr Bhatia has written a chapter on Forefoot disorders in the Oxford Textbook of Trauma & Orthopaedics which can be viewed here. He is a member of British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society, European Foot and Ankle Society and American Foot and Ankle Society. He has been invited as a faculty in international meetings and workshops. He is an advisor to National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) & National Institute of Health Research (NIHR).